Tour de la Babote

Monument & Heritage Open in this Schedule (possibly closed due Covid-19 restrictions) Check location

Built in the 12th century it was part, such as the Tower of the pine trees, of the old fortifications of the city surrounding the current historical center called the escutcheon. After the destruction of the walls an observatory has been installed there in the 18th century by the Royal Academy of Sciences. In 1789, a floor and side turrets will be added.

In the 19th century the height of the tower will reach 53m. She then served to the telegraph services. Today, it is used for exhibitions of the Agreement bibliophile.

Contacts & Details

17 Boulevard de l'Observatoire 34000 Montpellier


08:30 – 17:30


08:30 – 17:30


08:30 – 17:30


10:00 – 19:00


08:30 – 17:30