Saint Mark of the Venetians

Monument & Heritage Always Open (possibly closed due Covid-19 restrictions) Check location

St. Mark’s Basilica, almost next to the Loggia, is now the Municipal Art Gallery and often hosts various exhibitions almost always with free entrance. Built in 1239 in the Piazza delle Biade (Square of Blades), it was once the Cathedral of Crete. The Basilica belonged to the reigning Duke, eventually becoming his burial place. In May 2006 the Basilica hosted the first International Conference on Ethics and Politics with speakers from all over the world.

Contacts & Details

Kallergon Square 100 712 02