Rua das Flores

Place of Interest Always Open Check location

The Rua das Flores in Oporto was opened between 1521 and 1525, at the end of the reign of D. Manuel, on land occupied by the gardens and flowers of the bishop.

Being this devotee to Santa Catarina do Monte Sinai, the original name of this street was Rua de Santa Catarina das Flores. Cobbled in 1542, this street became one of the city’s main and one of the ennoblement centers of the city of Oporto.

More recently the street was rehabilitated and gained a new and poor urban life. The Santa Casa da Misericórdia opened its museum, and the Porto Marionette Museum was also inaugurated on the new pedestrian street. They have opened new cafes and restaurants, shops and can always rely on street entertainment.

Contacts & Details

Rua das Flores