Jardim do Passeio Alegre

Green Space Always Open Check location

The Passeio Alegre Garden is located at the mouth of the Douro River, and was built at the end of the 19th century, also with the collaboration of Emile David (the same one who designed the gardens of the Crystal Palace).

This garden was created in the romantic style, visible by the bandstand that is inside, but also to highlight the fountain, which belonged to the Convent of São Francisco, sculptures, two obelisks by Nicolau Nasoni, and a small romantic villa, known as a Swiss chalet, built in 1874 (before the finishing of the garden) that currently functions as a café, and was a meeting point for intellectuals from Foz.

In this garden you can also find a mini-golf field where several championships are organized, as well as the public bathrooms known for their Art Nouveau tiles and English crockery.

To get to this garden, take a tram ride.

Contacts & Details

Rua do Passeio Alegre 4150-570 Porto