Hôtel des Trésoriers de France

Monument & Heritage Check location

L’hôtel des Trésoriers de France or the Lunaret is the former residence of Jacques Coeur who occupied it in the middle of the 15th century. Louis XIII resided there in 1632. This house of nearly 1500 m2 was classified as a historical monument in 1931.

Currently, this mansion houses the Languedocien Museum. Its rehabilitation made it possible to bring to light ceilings of the 15th century with polychrome on wood and tubes (called shells).

With the restorations of the 18th century we find the influences of Versailles that can be seen in the sculptured pediments: there are indeed suns, symbol of King Louis XIV.

Opposite is the Chapelle des Pénitents blancs, formerly owned by Jacques Coeur. In the past, a covered arch connected these two buildings, the shape of the arch is still visible today.

Contacts & Details

7-11 Rue Jacques Cœur 34000 Montpellier